I believe that by combining interactive teaching methodology with coaching, teachers will greatly improve their student's academic success.
Coaching is about setting goals for yourself and then moving towards them one step at a time. It is about being realistic about your own circumstances, taking responsibility for your own choices and understanding what it is that you really want from your life.
It is an uplifting and energising experience that will help you to get more satisfaction and learning out of the academic experience. So, you will not only be learning more about the subject you are studying but also about yourself - your own values and beliefs and the things that you do that are getting in the way and preventing you from being the success you can be.
I have worked with hundreds of university students from around the world and know that you do better than you could ever have imagined when you are open to being coached as well as taught. Simply put, you will produce much higher quality work.
So, to all you students out there...you'll know that coaching could be for you if you find yourself saying "Yes, that's me!!" to 3 or more of the following:
- Who hasn't ever experienced frustration during the writing process?
- Who doesn't feel that they sometimes don't even know where to start?
- When do you even manage to find the time?
- Hands up if you procrastinate!
- Are your note-taking techniques up to scratch?
- Who hasn't ever struggled to get their assignments in?
- Who feels that the feedback they're getting is not clear?
- Who feels that they don't have a clue what steps to take to do better next time?
- Are you starting to lack confidence in your own abilities?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed?
- Are you putting too much pressure on yourself?
- Are you juggling work with studies? Work/family & studies?
- Are you a student studying in a foreign country? Are you going through culture shock too?
You might have never really had the chance (or the time!!!) to reflect deeply about why it all seems so frustrating. During a coaching session you will be reflecting on the things that might be stopping you from reaching your academic goals. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
It is unquestionably an investment worth taking if you desire the absolute best out of your time at university.
I've worked as a teacher for over 20 years but it seems just like yesterday when I started my teaching career. I started out teaching exam preparation courses in Greece and then moved into teaching Business English for some years in Hungary & Italy. Then in 2003 I began working with university students. I have worked at universities in the UK, Italy & China teaching academic strategies and language courses for international business communication, tourism and literature students. I have qualified teacher status with a Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults (DELTA), a Masters in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and a Personal Performance Coaching Diploma.
Academic Success Coach